Here are some other fun facts about this kid I love so much:
He loves sports... and has since he was a little kid. He used to be a left-handed pitcher, probably something that we should have tried to develop a little more.
He loves to laugh and smile. I LOVE to hear him laugh... his laughs are contagious, and you just can't help but laugh yourself when you hear him laugh.
He is a hugger... he loves to give me hugs, and I love to get hugs from him.
He was not one of those kids who was embarrassed to hug or kiss or tell me he loves me in front of his school mates. I started subbing in his school when he was in 3rd grade, and I was around a lot. He would always come up and hug or kiss me when he saw me at school. That trend continued through middle school, when I started working there full time when he was in 7th grade.
He loves little kids, and is really good with them. He misses his younger cousins when he doesn't get to see them for a while.
He loves animals. He always wanted a kitten or a puppy, but I'm allergic, so that won't happen.
He is very creative.
He is determined... whether it's finishing a video game, or finding the chocolate you have hidden, he does not want to stop until he finishes his task. (Unless it's doing his chores, then we have a whole nother story on our hands!)
He loves acting, and is a total ham.
He loves to sleep... and falls asleep almost every time we are in the car over 5 minutes!
He is VERY tickle-ish. When he was a baby he would tickle the insides of his own hands and just laugh and laugh!
He is a smart kid... one of those who never really studies but still makes good grades (most of the time... his Spanish could use some help ;) )
He kind of marches to the beat of his own drum. He is not afraid to do/wear/say what he wants, even if it's not the norm.
While it hasn't always been this way, I love his energy. When he was little he was diagnosed with at risk/borderline behaviors for ADHD. He was always bouncing off the walls (and beds, and couch and anything else he could find to jump or bounce off of!), and we worried about him starting school and behaving. He took meds for a while, but we took him off of them right before he started Kindergarten to see how he would do. Thankfully he has never needed them again. He can be wild and crazy when needed, but he can also be calm and quiet when he needs to be.
It can drive me crazy, but he HATES having his picture made. I've had to learn to just have fun with him and let him be as crazy as he wants to be, then maybe I can get one or two decent shots of him. Here are a few of him that will be good blackmail pictures in years to come:


Josh is looking forward to getting his license soon. He has to take Driver's Ed first, and that will happen the first quarter of next semester. He is a pretty good driver, and is begging us to buy him a Mustang... yeah, right! I bought him a Mustang Hot Wheels and told him he would have to buy the real thing for himself.
He is also looking forward to getting his first job (he has been wanting to find a job for a while now), and earning his own money. He is very money-conscious, and is looking forward to saving for his mission.
He is kind of nervous to start dating. He does happen to have a crush at the moment, but nothing serious. Several of the older girls at church have told him that he has to take them out when he turns 16, so I guess that he had better start planning something.
I love this kid... he tries my patience to the limits, but he is such a fun guy. I'm thankful that he is my son, and Heavenly Father allowed me to raise him. Happy birthday, kiddo!
3 comments:
So fun to read! Christian wants a mustang too... I loved the Hot Wheels idea, I shall most certainly borrow that genius!
My comment on this post showed up under the one before.
Hope Josh had a great birthday as well!! He definitely does love to hug! Most of the other nieces and nephews have to be told or MADE to give you a hug, but you can count on the fact that he will give you a hug without even being asked! That's so sweet that he was never embarrassed to kiss or hug you in front of his friends-- that had to have made you feel good! I just can't believe he's old enough to DATE now!!!
Post a Comment