

Today was the first day of school. A day that has been dreaded around here like the plague! Thankfully everyone got up easily this morning, and we all headed out the door on time.
Kyle has been really dreading middle school (which is really just junior high). The fact that I work at his school mattered not to him... he was just scared to death to be in a new school. He did great, though, just like I knew that he would.
Megan was scared to be the only one left in elementary school. She has never gone to school by herself before, so today was a whole new experience for her. She did great, though, and is in love with her teacher.
Josh was excited to have several of his friends in some of his classes, and really likes all of his teachers this semester. We are on a block system, so he will tke 4 classes this semester, and 4 next... but he will keep Spanish and Life PE all year.
Kayti hasn't elaborated on her day much. At this point in her life, it is like pulling teeth to get much information out of her. I asked how her day was, she grunted. I asked how she did on her APUSH test, she grunted. I choose to take that as meaning that her day was good!
I was really busy today, and the day was over before I knew it. It was actually a better day than I expected, and I was thankful for that.
One day down... 179 more to go!
4 comments:
About time you folks got back to work.
what a great bunch of good looking kids
You are amaizing to already have a post up about school. I think I am in denial that school is back in session. I am glad your kids seemed to have a good day. I had so much fun last night hanging with you and the yw. Thanks for the advil. I am sorry I took so many but I seriously needed it so bad! Thomas is so glad to have Kyle for a class and lunch. Good luck with the rest of the year. I'll join your count down!
We have kids in common. Forrest "grunts" like Kayti when I ask him about school and Sadie and Megan both love their teachers. I swear the first day of being home alone, I heard their voices! Weird!
Post a Comment