*Sorry... no pictures will accompany this post. All of my rechargable batteries are dead, and I can't find the charger, so my camera is of no use to me right now... and I refuse to buy disposable batteries!!*
I love my husband, but he has never been one to be able to sit still through much. He can sit through a movie because it is pretty fast paced, but sitting through church about kills him! Even at work he has to get up and walk around a lot. We blame it on ADD, although he has never officially been diagnosed with it. This has caused me to attend a lot of functions by myself... not that I have minded (much). I would rather go and have fun by myself, than have him there being miserable. So, imagine my surprise when he wanted to go see the BJHS production of Footloose with the family last night! I have been going to see the musicals for several years now with one or two kids in tow, but we have never gone as a family. I had bought tickets a few days ago, and I was so excited to go. Barry started having back problems a few nights ago, and he had to come home early from work yesterday because it was really bothering him. I was a bit disappointed with the thought of him not going, but having had back problems myself, I understand the pain. As the kids and I got ready to go, Barry came downstairs and said that he still wanted to go. So, we all loaded up and headed out (except for Josh... he is going on Monday with his class to see it, and so he stayed home and caught up on some chores. We missed him, though!). We had the best time. Several of the youth from our ward are involved both on stage and behind the scenes, and their talent is simply amazing! They did a great job, and it was fun listening to all the great songs. At one point Barry leaned over to me and asked me if we have the Footloose soundtrack. We have the movie, and I think at one time in my life I owned the soundtrack on cassette tape, but don't ask me what happened to it. I may have to see if I can find it on CD, though, because those are some great songs!
Thanks, honey, for stepping out of your comfort zone and going with us last night! Now... if I can just convince him to go to that wedding reception with me tonight. I know, I know, baby steps! ;)
2 comments:
Sounds like a very fun family night. I'm with you on the soundtrack, there are a few really great songs.
How did I miss you? We were there too and I totally dragged Dane. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment